When people say “transgender is a term used to describe anyone who acts out of the gender norm” do they realize they are saying every single person on Earth is transgender? Why even have transgender as a word if that were the real meaning? No one acts within the gender norm 100% of the time.
Things I wish my mom had told me:
- To play DS games on a 3DS without it looking like a blurry mess, press select while booting up a game. That will shrink the game down to it’s original resolution.
My great grandmother was very secretive and my grandfather can’t remember too much about her other than her name. He never knew his father and his mother never mentioned him or anything. It’s suspected due to how my grandfather looks but since my great grandmother kept the identity and all of the details concerning her husband a secret she’d carry to the grave, noone on that side of my family knows for sure.
Primarily English but i’m 1/4 Irish and suspected part Italian too.
I don’t understand the girls in this site. Like, at all.
- They laugh how men have fragile egos, but they complain about a fashion article for weeks.
- They hate cisgendered white men, but worship Tom Hiddleston, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jensen Ackles, Chris Evans, and other white male celebrities.
- Bash men for fetishizing lesbians, but they create fan art and fanfics where gay men are sexualized; some of them glorify rape and pedophilia. Plus, they ship real life men.
- They hate bronies for sexualizing MLP characters, then there’s Elsana porn all over the place. And they fetishized a real life person (Yuzuru Hanyu incident).
- Making kitchen/sandwich jokes is a sin, but “kill all men” is acceptable.
- Criticize men who complain about friendzoning, then they quickly call a man misogynist, racist, transphobic fat shamer if he’s not attracted to them.
Does that mean men doing shitty things doesn’t exist? Of course not. But women are equally shitty, but they seem to deny it or make up some excuse. I know they’ll say I have internalized misogyny or I don’t know what feminism is (it’s scary to think this is considered feminism). Still, this type of behavior is not only hypocritical, but unhealthy.
The double standards on this site are truly ridiculous.
I just wish people would realize that both women and men are capable of doing terrible, awful things. Women and men are capable of bullying. Women and men are capable of objectification and fetishization. Women and men are capable of making off-color, insensitive jokes. Women and men are capable of being violent, whether physically, mentally/emotionally, or sexually.
I’m not asking for them to give guys some slack. When a guy does something really shitty, calling him out is a fine idea! I’m just asking them to stop giving shitty women slack. Stop excusing their shitty actions. Biological sex does not excuse a person’s assholery. You can be an ignorant ham sandwich regardless of sex or gender.
"Stop bullying people for their gender identity!" Tumblr screeches as it proceeds to bully cis people for being cis because apparently that’s not bullying someone for their gender identity.